“Everyone is just waiting”… Waiting for a fish to bite or waiting for the wind to fly a kite or waiting around for Friday Night or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil, or a Better Break or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants or a wig with curls, or Another Chance. Everyone is just waiting. – Dr Seuss
You will never find a Top Producer in The Waiting Place. Top Producers are “Go Getters”, “Doers”. Waiting for business to come is not how they approach each day. They get up excited to go find new business. They understand Real Estate is a relationship business and lucky for them building relationships is what they are best at. They genuinely like people and get great satisfaction by helping people reach their goals in real estate.
Part of my coaching session each month is to create action plans that the agent commits to accomplishing by our next meeting. One thing that has stood out to me is it is my Top Producers that truly commit to the process and complete their plans. On occasion a plan may be altered or even aborted but there is a solid reason behind the decision. A reason that actually made an improvement to the strategy. Top Producers are very true to themselves and therefore create strategies that fit their personality style and culture. This makes it easy to take on all their challenges. Their laser focus on the “prize” (their goal) keeps them motivated and determined and nothing can stand in the way, except a better way!
If you are “stuck” in the Waiting Place try this:
- On a poster board write your top 3 goals, goals you want to accomplish in the next quarter.
- One hour, at the same time, same place, each week create a “DO/GO GET” list of action items needed to be accomplished to reach those goals.
- Open up your calendar for the week. Make sure you have all your showing and listing appointments posted as well as your personal appointments. Create time blocks to post your action items. Make sure you have empty space left … you know this business, thing pop up unexpected and you need time available to adjust. If you erase and action item, IT MUST BE REPLACED.
- NOW DO and GO GET!
- Repeat each week until your goal has been met.
- Treat yourself to a gift to you as you accomplish each goal.
Top Producers VALUE their schedule and time. Learn to say no, learn to prioritize (personal life included) and don’t let anything get in your way, especially not YOU!